Week in Review: August 4 - 10, 2014 w/ DITL WIR VLOG!

Monday, August 11, 2014

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great Monday. I am kinda running late with this post/video because I was really sick yesterday and just didn't feel like working on it last night. I post a week in review recapping what happened over the week & weekend. Its something that I have been doing off and on for years. Its just a simple way to give you guys a glimpse into our weekend. I also vlogged a little each day which you can see in the video below. I have been trying to move all my video's to my main channel including the vlogs but for right now I am uploading them to both channels. I think that is the best way to do it right now but eventually they will probably all move to my housewife life main youtube channel. I hope you don't mind but I have been trying to figure out a way to make everyone happy. I don't expect you to watch them twice but now you will be able to find my vlogs on both channels. 

Click ↓ Below ↓ to read the post in full.

Here is my vlog from this past week. I recorded some each day.. and there are a ton more pictures and thoughts about the past week... hope you enjoy!

This Past Week: 
Monday came around and I thought I was feeling better. I ran a lot during the day instead of doing my weekly cleaning. Jackson was really wanting to go do some of his back to school shopping so that's exactly what we did. By time Scott got off work, I was exhausted and not too happy that the house was not nice and clean. I rarely leave on Mondays and I was not handling the schedule change very well. 

Once Scott got home I was exhausted and really hungry. I had been sick and not eating for around 24 hours and needed some food. The idea of going out to eat sounded really good. Being I was scared to eat anything, I simply ordered a plain grilled chicken breast and mashed potatoes of which I only ate about half. Once we were done, we decided to take Jackson by his new school so he could see what it looked like. On the way home, I started feeling sick again. It wasn't long before we were back home and I was rolling around on the bathroom  floor sick again begging my husband to take me back to the hospital. He thought that was silly when he could basically give me everything they would but for a lot cheaper. He crushed up some anti nasua medicine and some pain medicine and put it in about 1 inch of coke and had me drink it. It worked and I was able to fall asleep through the pain.

Tuesday was pretty easy. I didn't want to be sick again so I barely ate and held it together feeling kinda sick but I was able to go on and get a few things done. I worked slowly around the house in the early hours of my day and then went to register Jackson. I was shocked that it went so fast and easy. We were in and out in no time. I think this was the most relaxing day of the week. After Tuesday things picked right back up! 

Thankfully Wednesday I woke up feeling a little better than Tuesday because it was a very active day. In the morning the boys went and played a round of golf and ran some errands. Once they got back we got all ready and headed for even more adventure taking Jackson to Green River. Scott and I had been a few times over the summer on our own but this was Jackson's first time. It was so relaxing and being it was a week day, it wasn't very crowded at all. It was just breathtaking floating down that river and enjoying all the beautiful nature that South Carolina gives us. I really do like it here. I wish I could get closer to those mountains or closer to the beach but I do consider this home.....for the moment! After we got home and rested, my husband was ready to go again. He was in the mood to shop so we did! I already posted the haul and it was nice having a little date night shopping. Its amazing what we talk about when we are shopping together. It was a little needed alone time where we mainly concentrated on packing as much shit in the buggie as possible. 

Thursday was full of appointments for Jackson. Dentist and eye appointments...kept us busy all day. His eyes are really bad and only getting worse. It actually scares me to death but hopefully with the help of the Dr. we can do things to help. He fought me all the way through picking out the frames. He likes frames that are too small for him because he has the habit of dropping them down on his nose and looking out the top. That surely does not help and I am tired of seeing him do that. He had to find better frames and I got the final say. 

Also Cooper got really sick on Thursday. He had another cluster of seizures which scared me to death. I am shaking, crying and flipping out on my husband who was on speaker phone. I felt so bad for Cooper. It was so sad to watch him go through that. He did come out of it and I got right on the phone for an appointment. 

We got him there to a new Vet Friday morning. I didn't like having to get up early when I had been exhausted for days but I knew Cooper needed to go. It was a smaller office than what we were use to but I was thankful for their help, research and kindness they showed to not only me but really Cooper. He didn't like all the tests and even protested with a constant bark a few times but he got a extensive work over. We were there over an hour and a half. The Dr. Lady was pulling out huge books and researching Goldens with Epilepsy right there in front of me. She suggested he go on a all natural human grade dog food, get rid of the plastic dishes that release toxins in the water/food, start seizure meds, also start mobic for his hips and B1. Not to mention he needs to loose 15-20 lbs. He has to go back and get blood work done again in 30 days and if he has a seizure during office hours bring him immediately for a blood sugar test. His blood sugar was low but most of his tests came back good. We don't know why he has started having seizures at 7 years old but we are worried worried about him. You know with me being sick, Jackson's eye problems, Scott's various health problems...it just doesn't seem like a medically good time for my family. 

After his appointment, I took him home and then went back out. I got all new bowls, fancy expensive all natural organic food, his prescriptions from the drug store....clearly labeled " Super Cooper" which was precious btw...and then went school shopping for the last of Jackson's items. I also found some items for Scott and myself too. It rained all day and I didn't even film very much because I was on a mission to get it all done. Store after store in the rain but I was in comfy sweats with my umbrella in hand and got it all done. 

Saturday rolled around and I did allow myself and Jackson to start the day easy. I didn't want to do anything in a hurry. After a week of feeling bad and tons of errands, my mind and body needed a break. Later in the afternoon we got our motivation to go do our grocery shopping. It was a big job. I had to go to the Dollar Tree and Walmart to get food for the house and our upcoming Myrtle Beach trip. I pretty much broke it up in 3 parts just to get it all in. If you haven't seen it yet, you can click right here to see what we got. In the later evening Scott picked up Jacksons friend so they could have a fun weekend together. They were up kinda late but I just let them cut loose and have some fun. 

Sunday Scott got up and took the boys to a inside arcade where they played laser tag, rode go-carts, played videos and snacked. It was a full days fun for them. When Scott got home, he looked totally exhausted. :) 

We grilled out hot dogs and hamburgers and broke the news to the boys that Jacksons friend Zach, could go to Myrtle Beach with us. They were so happy and got permission from Zachs mom right away! Scott and I thought it would be good for Jackson to have someone to pal around with. I think they are old enough to go to the pool alone as long as they stay together and do the buddy system. We got him back home and got things cleaned up and ready for another busy week ahead of us. We'll see Zach again Wednesday night! I spent the rest of the night planning out this next week. I think actually dedicating time to working in your calendar or planner, makes life so much easier. I would be so lost without having a paper calender. I love technology but nothing works the same as pen and paper. Nothing. I make mine not only family functional but fun. I like to use different washi tapes, stickers and accessories to make it work for me. I plan on showing how I will decorate September and a lot of the supplies I uses in the coming weeks. I know so many of you love planners too and want to know where to find some of the items I am using. And what works for me might not work for you. It really needs to be based off your own life and your families lives. Every planner is different but maybe you can find some tips that you can actually use in your lives too! 

  • Do my weekly cleaning today. No running errands or shopping. Sticking to plan and getting things done today and letting Jackson help out. 
  • Get nails done before leaving for Myrtle Beach
  • Start gathering up Beach Clothes and accessories even though it might rain. 
  • Pre record videos to go live while we are on vacation
  • Get all laundry caught up and put away. 
  • Also work on blog posts that will come live while we are on vacation
  • Pack everything up for the trip. 
  • Get Coopers meals ready for the housesitter.. and notes too. 
  • Answer Emails and Comments in my spare time. 
  • Text resort address to Laura and Laci. 
  • Also need to get laundry soap and items ready for the kids to take home with them. 
  • Go meet Jackson's teacher on Wednesday. 
  • Meet with the housesitter Wednesday evening to go over Coopers new diet and medication. 
  • Do last minute pick up of house.
  • Update chalkboard wall with all the important numbers and information. 
  • Turn off internet and unplug items not being used while we are gone. 
  • Double check all the windows are locked. 
  • Don't forget chargers...Don't forget Chargers.. Don't forget chargers. 
  • Clean out purse before leaving...it's already too heavy. 

Here's some inspiration to take with you along your week. 

I think I need to try to remember this more often. I am a planner and tend to overract when things don't go according to plan! However, there is nothing in my planner for this upcoming Myrtle Beach trip except spending time with our family. I will be making travel vlogs that will go live on my vlog channel when we get back and I will also have a week in review with a few clips from the weekend too. Stay tuned. I think I have things figured out where I won't be missing out on my posting schedule on here but its going to be all about fun this weekend. I can't wait. 

If you made it this far, thanks for hanging in there with with me...it was a busy time and we are not even slowing down.I hope you have a beautiful and blessed week. 

If you want to find me buzzing around online, here's where to go! :)
FacebookTwitter | Instagram | Pinterest Youtube Main Channel Youtube Vlogging Channel Bloglovin
The Rachael Way
The Nectar Collective