Weekend in Review..

Monday, March 11, 2013

Well Monday is already here and it SUCKS! In just a few hours that alarm of mine is going to pull me out of the bed for a very busy week. 

So here's a look at what went on around here since Friday! 

Around midnight Friday our Persian cat Gabby gave birth to 2 kittens. 

We knew she wasn't acting right so Friday morning we rushed her to the vet. 

She ended up having a kitten that was not going to come out on its own so she had to have a c-section. Scott and I had stayed up all night with her.. we were really worried and totally exhausted. If you want to read all about it and see the xray.. clicky click .

I left her in their care and came back home. I slept for about an hour and then had to get up and go on with my day. I was due back at at 4 and it was an hour drive.. 

At this point.. I was a zombie.. but I headed back out to get the cat.. and I was a stressed out mess. Finally I got there.. got her taken care of..and when I was checking out.. I loved watching the fish! 

They were all laughing at me for taking pictures! 

For just a second of the day they took me to another place. 

Gabby and I got home.. 

The 3 babies doing great.. and Gabby pretty tired from all the meds they gave her. 

At 5pm.. I put on my pjs.. told hte boys..


and I went to bed. I seriously needed sleep. 1 hour of sleep in 36 hours just wasn't cutting it. 


I slept until husby got home and instead of waking up.. I stayed upstairs in bed .


He was exhausted too and we just laid around cuddling watching tv. The entire house felt off but the boys did ok with getting their own dinner and picking up after themselves. Scott and I both crashed out hard Friday night and everything looked so much better when I woke up on 


I found my way to the coffee pot and checked on Jackson. I decided the best way to start the day was in bed..


where I watched all the cats 

wanted to check out the kittens. 

I took Saturday pretty easy and enjoyed a early afternoon movie while I worked on laundry. Jackson enjoyed a free day on the xbox and the house was quiet.. 

So I took that time to work on a new Tea Haul Video that will be up right around the time we leave for Florida. 

I can't wait to show you the new teas I got!! 

For dinner I made something super easy.. 

Philly Steak and Cheese Subs and homemade fries. Easy and the boys loved them. 

The rest of the night we spent hanging out around the house. Scott stayed up pretty late and so did I with the time change. Before I knew it.. it was 4am and I was wide awake. I ended up falling asleep somewhere around 5am and it sucked. Thankfully my husband woke me up Sunday with 


a yummy cup of coffee and a easy start to the day! Thank you baby! 

A little later Scott and Jackson took off to run some errands which allowed me to have some quiet desk time  


but I still have a lot to do. But I did get a lot of emails sent out and a video edited!  (:

In the afternoon all the boys sat down for a 

game of Monopoly. ( Jackson's pick! ) 

During the day when I am on the first floor I use this portable crate for Gabby and the kittens. 

It works really well and I leave it unzipped on the end so Gabby can come in and out as she wants. 

While the boys were busy playing the game I took off to get a few things for dinner. 

And when I got back.. they were still playing! 

i got busy getting a lot of the bags we are going to need out and started packing. 

Then I got dinner made..

Mini Meat Loafs with onion gravy, mashed potatoes and peas. It was really really good and pretty easy to make. 

Scott and I sat back and watched.. 

and I really grew tired of it.. So I cleaned the kitchen and got things ready for Jackson.. 

and even made some cookies! 

Then I escaped to a warm relaxing bath


I really think it was one of the best parts of my night. It felt amazing and when I came out.. I just crashed on my bed in my robe for about 30 minutes. 

Now I am watching..

and getting ready to go to bed. 

I was just going over the calender for March and its super busy! 

I haven't told you guys yet but my husband is taking me back to

Biltmore for my birthday!!! We are staying the night and taking another tour! Super excited and that is coming up right after our Florida trip. I think I will be so depressed coming back to North Carolina that I am going to need something to lift my spirits. What I really hope is that something magical happens and we end up going down to Florida this week and moving down shortly thereafter. God.. I wish.. I wish .. I wish.. But Biltmore is amazing and I love it and super happy to be going back! 

Also Laura and Jerred are coming for a visit too! They are bringing the babies and we are excited to see them all. Its going to be a busy few weeks.. I will keep up with blogging the best I can and will catch up when things slow down! 

Hope you have a great Monday! 


K Jaggers
1 comment on "Weekend in Review.."
  1. So glad to hear the little kitties and momma are doing good :) Thank goodness you got her to the vet and saved that third one in time. I just found out yesterday that my grandmother's cat had three kittens on Friday night too! Weird right? Must be like pregnant women all going into labor at the same time..


Thank you so much for your comment. I love hearing from you! It takes me a minute to moderate the comments so it should show up shortly.